Monday, June 7, 2010

St. Elizabeth Ann - Brianne

With the schedule I've been keeping lately, I'm just wee bit behind on blogging. The last mass for the month of May saw me hopping off an airplane at 2:45pm from vacation in Phoenix and rushing home to get ready for Mass Chaos. St. Elizabeth Ann was a fun trip for me - our mass time of 5:30pm allowed Andy to come with me, which hasn't happened much since we've gotten started on this journey.

A few short things to note about St. Elizabeth Ann...

  • Their 5:30pm Sunday mass is their "Overflow" mass - geared for the high school youth of the parish. I very much enjoyed getting the chance to worship with a younger crowd - the music was upbeat and contemporary, the youth were actively engaged in the mass, and we were welcomed warmly!
  • This was the first mass we've attended where someone has said "we were expecting you" - a positive sign that people are hearing about what we're doing!

The other exciting thing that happened this week was our interview with the Catholic Voice. Eric and I had the opportunity to sit down with Rachel (who will be writing the article) and sharing some of our thoughts on Mass Chaos. Watch for the June 18th edition of the Catholic Voice, or visit http://www.catholicvoiceomaha.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment