Monday, May 31, 2010

Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton

I am feeling fortunate for this week for Mass Chaos. I did not think I would be able to attend with everyone since I'm normally at work during the time that was set, but for various reasons I was able to get the day off. It has been strange that I have missed going with the group to the last few places. I was on vacation last weekend visiting my best friend in Wisconsin, and I was unable to attend evening mass with everyone on Ascension Thursday. So, it was a welcome surprise in two ways.

This week found us at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton (5419 North 114th St)I enjoyed the signs out front and in the church.

The altar had a very open and flowing feel to it as well.
The group shot for the week:Left to Right: (Top) Eric, Frank, Brianne, Andy, Vesper, (Bottom) Ben and Joe

We seemed to have stumbled into the teen mass when we came to Saint Elizabeth Ann Seaton. I'm not sure if that was the plan or not, but I enjoyed it. It reminded me of my high school days. After confirmation, I really felt moved to become a more active member of the church. I participated in small ways at first, until my junior and senior year where I found myself a youth ministry leader. Being actively involved at that point in my life was a really positive catalyst to my faith. It showed me that I could be spiritual, still be searching, have fun, and that church could not only be a place where I worship, but also be a place where I have fellowship. I haven't really felt that connected since I graduated college and left my college church. I feel like I've regained some of that through this group, but being older I feel like I'm looking for a different kind of connection than when I was younger.

Today's Gospel (John 16:12-15) is a reminder to me that there is no end to getting to know Jesus.

Jesus said to his disciples:

"I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.

But when he comes, the Spirit of truth,

he will guide you to all truth."

He's given a road map to us all about where our faith can take us, and the truth is our guide to Him. I appreciate that faith is a journey, and I look forward to all the truths that I find on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment