Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Holy Name - Brianne

Brothers and sisters:
Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
But you are not in the flesh;
on the contrary, you are in the spirit,
if only the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
Romans 8:8-9

Oh, Lord, how easy it is for me to be "in the flesh". I have found myself struggling lately - in my marriage, at work, with friends, and most certainly with myself.

Today, May 26th, is our wedding anniversary. My grandma Kemp sent me an e-card (yes, my grandma is cool enough to know how to send e-cards) and in it she wrote "...just remember there are 3 of you in your marriage... You two and the Lord. With Him by your side you cannot go wrong." I think this is what the second reading was telling us - God must be present in all that we do.

To be "in the flesh" is easy (and human nature), but to be in the spirit is to open yourself up to the possibilities created by our Lord. Being in the flesh limits you to only what you know. Being of the spirit gives you limitless options for Christ to lead you in the direction He intended for you.

I'm praying God will open me up to accepting the Spirit of Christ in every situation I face - despite my stubbornness in holding on to what I know. I do not have much to write beyond that this week - more of a reminder to myself than anything - but you can do the same. Let go... and let God. :)

1 comment: