Monday, April 26, 2010

Saint Pius X

I can tell I've been a bit frustrated with things lately. I'm not sleeping well, and I'm doing more stress eating than I'd like. Work has been sort of enabling me in that sense since I've been working absurd hours. I've been sliding around from days to mid-shift to second shift depending on the day, so it's hard to get into a rhythm. It's been busy, and I often work through meals so I don't get to eat whatever I prepared unless I can eat it while I work. Then I end up grabbing something out. I'm not the only one. What brought it to my attention was that one of my co-workers brought us a proper dinner the other night since he was tired of doing the same for himself. Anyway, there's more than just that going on, but you didn't come here to get bored by all the crazy that's inside this head. This upcoming week is going to be a challenging one workload-wise, so I'm hoping I can find some healthier ways to reduce the stress. Suggestions are welcome.

We're on week three of the tour. This week: Saint Pius X (6905 Blondo St.)
Most of my pictures from this week turned out blurry, so you'll just have to deal with the ones that I managed to take correctly.
I asked my brother what he thought of the church and he said it felt "homey." I agree. Father Pietramale does a great job of bringing the Gospel to every person there. He walked amongst the pews and got people involved, but more importantly his message made the Gospel current, which is something I'm always looking for when we look at scripture.

I'm starting to enjoy that my camera goes last in these group pictures, since at that point whatever composure we have seems to be lost.

The Gospel for today is John 10(27-30). It is really one of those...If you haven't been paying attention, here's the deal kind of readings.
"My Sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." John 10(27-30)
I included the entire reading because it is one that builds the blocks for you. Jesus is explaining how it works to the Jews who don't believe in him, so it is a good opportunity to see the connections that we make as believers. I often try to take my troubles on alone, and this is a reminder to me that greater forces are in play and I should take the time to see where They are leading me.

-Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment