Monday, November 8, 2010

St. Peter & St. Cecilia

The last two weeks of Mass Chaos have been interesting - a chance for us to have some very deep conversation regarding our personal viewpoints on our faith and Catholicism. i would describe both St. Peter and St. Cecilia as more conservative Omaha parishes - using Latin in places, more traditional music, etc. For those of you who know me, I would consider these parishes were a bit outside of my comfort zone.

At St. Peter, Fr. Damien Cook spoke about the upcoming changes to the Roman Missal. (If you are interested, you can read about the changes here: http://www.usccb.org/romanmissal/ - I found the Sample Texts a good piece to read). This homily created quite a stir in our Mass Chaos family, and much of our post-mass conversation was a good debate about our opinions regarding these changes. I really enjoyed the way we could have respectful (yet passionate, and somewhat heated) conversation with one another. It is amazes me - the depth of my friends' faith.

I would love to hear your feedback on the changes to the Roman Missal - feel free to post comments!

Though I am not a huge fan of the more traditional mass, both St. Peter and St. Cecilia are beautiful parishes with some breathtaking architecture. The masses were both well attended, and the music was spectacular at both! The girl's choir that sang at St. Peter's took my breath away, and St. Cecilia's music is always fantastic as well. My only gripe about attending masses with music such as these is that I never know how to sing along!

On a personal note, I hope to catch back up on my blogging - I'm sorry that Eric has been carrying all the blogging responsibilities on his shoulders.

Peace and love,
Brianne

1 comment: