Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Though there was no "official" Mass Chaos this week, Eric and I decided to head to Mary Our Queen for 11:00am mass on the 4th.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time...

Fr. Robert English's homily was about finding peace - something I desperately need at this point in my life. He spoke about finding silence and solitude (which, if you know me, is not something I possess) as a means to peace with yourself. He stressed the importance of not bogging yourself down with negative thoughts or replaying bad situations over in your head - but instead to keep your mind open to God's peace. Friends, please pray that I can be open to finding silence and solitude, and thus peace, at a really difficult time in my life.

I hadn't intended to blog this week, but I needed to share what was a very "God moment" in my life, and ask for as many prayers as possible. Thank you, and I hope you all had a blessed Independence Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment