Thursday, December 22, 2011

Saint Philip Neri - December 18, 2011 - Eric

What's Happening:
I spent the past weekend, Monday, and Tuesday with a four and a half day migraine. I hate migraines. Unfortunately, they are a fact of life for me, and while I appreciate the people who are empathetic towards me, and those who pray for me when I'm in the middle of one, it is I who have to deal with them and overcome them.

Those who are close to me can see when I have one, I'm sure I look like I'm unhappy or some other external sign that I'm not getting along too well. Or maybe I'm just crabby to them. People who don't know me probably think I'm an idiot, a jerk, or both when I'm in pain. If I've treated you like this, I'm sorry, please have patience with me.

It's not always easy to see when someone is in pain or suffering. Consequentially it is not always easy to deal with them. Our call is still the same, to help without enabling, to lift up, and to help to bring everyone closer to Christ. Pray my friends that we can be ready to help, regardless of how we feel when hear the call.

100_5048
Maggie, me, Beth, Sarah, Joe, and Marilou.

I wasn't the only one, but I stayed out too late the night before, so I went right home after Mass, everyone else went out to eat. I'll be compiling all of the photos from this mini-tour here.

Gospel:
"Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. ” Luke 1:30

God knows the plan, but he needs to communicate it to Mary. He sends his angel to visit her. Surely a visit from an angel is going to be perplexing, and probably might cause a little fear. The angel announces to Mary that she has been found with favor by God. The angel speaks to Mary, but it we who have our fear removed, the miracle of Jesus birth is coming, and it is we who are saved. Our fear turns to hope, then to joy.
"...a thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices"
This part of the tour is finished, and I'll be stepping back from blogging for a little while. I hope to see you all at Mass. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment