Monday, September 27, 2010

Saint Margaret Mary

Well, I suppose you've been wondering why I haven't been blogging. I guess I've taken somewhat of a hiatus from posting. I do have some back-blogs to post, but I felt it was more important to put the most recent one up before another week passed and this one would be really late too.

If I'm telling you how I am, I think lately it's been rather crazy. I'm getting over a cold I got as a result from dancing all last weekend. I'm on an antibiotic, and I'm waiting for it to do its work on me. I feel like I'm struggling with a lot of things lately, and I always feel glad when I go to church and feel like God is sending a message my way.

This week we went to Saint Maragaret Mary (123 N 61st St)

It was an evening mass, so I was unable to take pictures outside.


Our group for the week:
Joe on the bottom, then Left to Right: Frank. Ron, Patrick, Teri, Eric, Jen, Lindsay, Brianne, and Frank

This week's Gospel was from Luke 16:19-31 and is the story of Lazarus and the rich man. I know I mentioned at the start of the blog that I am glad when I feel like God is sending the message directly to me. I think it's a good reminder that God sees our struggles and intents, and we should strive for the good things now even though we may not see a reward in this life. The rich man wants to warn his brothers after he sees where his path lead him, but at that time it is already too late. Why should we wait until then to do good?

No comments:

Post a Comment